[c-nsp] Multiprotocol BGP with Cisco

Grzegorz Janoszka Grzegorz at Janoszka.pl
Mon Apr 19 05:33:42 EDT 2010

On 17-4-2010 11:59, Per Carlson wrote:
> It sure does, here's a v4+v6 over v4 example.
>
> router bgp 1
>   neighbor-group v4v6
>    remote-as 1
>    update-source Loopback0
>    address-family ipv4 unicast
>    !
>    address-family ipv6 unicast
>    !
>   !
>   neighbor 172.16.1.2
>    use neighbor-group v4v6
>   !
> end
 >
> RP/0/7/CPU0:xr12k#sh bgp neighbor 172.16.1.2
> BGP neighbor is 172.16.1.2
>   Remote AS 1, local AS 1, internal link
>   Remote router ID 172.16.1.2
>    BGP state = Established, up for 00:07:32
>    Neighbor capabilities:
>      Route refresh: advertised and received
>      Graceful Restart (GR Awareness): received
>      4-byte AS: advertised and received
>      Address family IPv4 Unicast: advertised and received
>      Address family IPv6 Unicast: advertised and received
>
>   For Address Family: IPv4 Unicast
>    9 accepted prefixes, 7 are bestpaths
>    Prefix advertised 30, suppressed 0, withdrawn 0, maximum limit 524288
>
>   For Address Family: IPv6 Unicast
>    3 accepted prefixes, 0 are bestpaths
>    Prefix advertised 4, suppressed 0, withdrawn 0, maximum limit 131072

Can you do it for v6 peer? It is not possible to do it within the
neighbor configuration, when I create a v4v6 neighbor group I get:

Failed to commit one or more configuration items during an atomic operation

!!% Change would result in neighbor (X:Y:W::Z) being activated with an
invalid address family

So, Cisco IOS-XR on CRS-1 cannot receive v4 prefixes on v6 BGP session.

--
Grzegorz Janoszka