[c-nsp] USB to Serial Converter recommendation

Ziv Leyes zivl at gilat.net
Wed Apr 21 08:05:56 EDT 2010

I didn't know screen can be used in such way, thanks for the idea.
Anyway, minicom is configurable, but for a GUI environment I prefer using GTKTerm which has much more easy ways to configure stuff.
I'd second the Keyspan or ATen, I've worked with both of them with no problems, for Windows and Mac they need a driver, on linux they work just out of the box.
And by the way, no matter the brand, they all seem to use the same Prolific PL2303 chip, no need to reinvent the wheel...
Ziv