[c-nsp] WLSM to WiSM

Clue Store cluestore at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 10:51:58 EDT 2010

Hi list,

We are planning an upgrade on our 6500 WLSM controllers to the new WiSM
controllers. We obviously will also be changing out old AP's the don't
support LWAPP to newer ones that do. We are putting migration plans together
today and plan to deploy within the next month. I have a few questions for
anyone out there that's already been down this road. We will also be
implementing the WCS system.

If we have both controllers installed, does mobility work between the
controllers ??

I found this document http://bit.ly/dletG7 on cisco's site. Is this the
recommended migration path that others have used??

Any there any tips that would minimize downtime if mobility does not work
between controllers??

Anything else to consider before/during/after the deployment??

TIA,
Clue