[c-nsp] 6500/Sup720 and SVI xconnect?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Apr 27 03:04:35 EDT 2010

Hi,

For some time we have used loop cables and port mode EoMPLS in order to
both to L2 transport over MPLS and L3 termination of the same VLAN. This
might sometimes result in supoptimal switching, since there's no (easy)
way to make the switches understand the way the L2 and L3 topology work
together.

If one were to want xconnected SVIs and "real" VPLS on a 6500/Sup720,
what would one need? We need 10G, and using SIP-600 as core facing
interfaces seems to be the only solution, albeit rather expensive.

Are there any other options? Apart from waiting for an EARL8 supervisor
for the 6500 of course. :-)

--
Peter