[c-nsp] 6500/Sup720 and SVI xconnect?

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Tue Apr 27 04:37:34 EDT 2010

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:04:35 +0200, you wrote:

> If one were to want xconnected SVIs and "real" VPLS on a 6500/Sup720,
> what would one need? We need 10G, and using SIP-600 as core facing
> interfaces seems to be the only solution, albeit rather expensive.

Check with your account team if the ES+ will be supported on the 6500
in a future software release.

Also, on a 7600 (SR software), you can run Mux UNI (a trunk with VLANs
and sub-interfaces on the same interface), even on LAN cards. I don't
remember off the top of my head if that's supported on the 6500.

-A