[c-nsp] Weird Web Browsing Issues On ADSL Circuit

Joel M Snyder Joel.Snyder at Opus1.COM
Thu Apr 29 17:54:42 EDT 2010

 >I have an ADSL customer who uses a Cisco 1841 CPE for Bonded ADSL.
 >Circuit has worked perfectly  for the past one year, but all of a
 >sudden, out of nowhere, web browsing suddenly stopped working! >yesterday

99% of the time when we see this symptom (especially since you said it
works fine for a minute or two), it's because some malware on the
customer side is filling up the NAT table.

Sniff the incoming packets or look at the session table on the CPE or both.

Alternatively, have the customer unplug everything but a single device
(like a known-good laptop) and see if the problem does not come back
after a reboot.

jms

--
Joel M Snyder, 1404 East Lind Road, Tucson, AZ, 85719
Senior Partner, Opus One       Phone: +1 520 324 0494