[c-nsp] 10GBase-LX4 and OM2 fibre -- MCP?

Cisco NSP c-nsp at djvh.nl
Wed Aug 4 17:11:43 EDT 2010

Thanks for all the responses.

Unfortunately there is no single-mode fiber between the buildings. I'm much
more familiar with 10GBase-SR and  10GBase-LR and I would have liked to use
it instead. But we have to work with the current cabling.

I've checked the orientation of the TX/RX both ways and both didn't work. I
can try to clean the faces again, but the 1.9dB attenuation seems a good
indication  to me that the fibre itself is ok.

Mack, I'm not aware that the X2-LX4 interface was not supported on the 6500.
Do you have an url confirming this? FWIW, the optic is placed in a
VS-S720-10G-3C supervisor (port Te5/4).

Regards,
Dirk-Jan van Helmond