[c-nsp] Linecard performance w/ SUP32's

Graham P. Wooden graham at g-rock.net
Mon Aug 9 12:17:13 EDT 2010

Hi there,

I am trying to decide if swapping a few x6348s to x6548 (fabric-enabled/CEF256 .. no DFC) will be a huge performance gain with SUP32s (IOS is SXI).
>From what I am reading, it looks like they will somewhat - but appears that I will bump up against the 256 mark until the SUPs themselves get upgraded.
Even if the line cards have the DFCs, can the SUP32-3B take advantage of them?

Currently, this chassis doesn't see a whole-lot of traffic and is very light on the QoS side - but I have the funds to get this particular chassis upgraded and thought that spending a few bucks for new line cards would be a step in the right direction.

Appreciate any real-world comments on the older 6348 vs. 6548 w/ a SUP32.

Thanks,

-graham