[c-nsp] Migrating to a 7200 for DSL aggregation

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Tue Aug 17 23:18:24 EDT 2010

You haven't mentioned current and anticipated PPS requirement.  If it's
really just one DS3 then a 7200VXR with NPE-G2 should be fine, otherwise if
your needs were 100+ Mbps and growing, the ASR1K, I'm told, is a good box.

We use 12.2(31)SB18 -- the latest in that series, but only because of a
resource bug that TAC said *may* be resolved in the latest release.  Came
across as "just try". ;)

I haven't implemented any MLPPP myself, but as your research in the archives
has shown, it's not all roses.  I'm guessing ADSL2+ pair bonding or VDSL2
aren't options?

Frank