[c-nsp] The myths of autonegotiate vs forced (was: full duplex mismatch speed - dynamips)

Geoffrey Pendery geoff at pendery.net
Fri Aug 20 15:22:43 EDT 2010

Yes.
We recently rolled out new switches in a couple sites (4507-R with
Sup6E and 10/100 blades) and were checking to see if any clients came
up wrong.  We panicked when we saw tons of clients coming up 10/full,
10/half, and 100/half.  All over the map.

Turns out all the workstations were powered off during the install,
and it was just the WoL drivers that were wonky.
Once booted everything auto'ed up properly.

-Geoff