[c-nsp] Voice and nat

Roger Wiklund copse at xy.org
Sat Aug 21 10:04:55 EDT 2010

I would mirror desired ports in the switch(LAN, WAN)hook up a PC and
run wireshark. Make a call from/to the wireless clients and capture
the data, in the SIP Invite scroll down to the SDP, you will see the
IP address used for the RTP stream, also you should see you will see
the flow there.

Ensure that the routing is working correctly based on that info, check
NAT translation statistics in the router etc. If you have spare public
IPs, do 1-to-1 NAT on one of the wireless clients, does that fix the
problem? If so check what ports/IPs are used etc etc.

/Roger