[c-nsp] Hiding MPLS L3VPN hops from the CE

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Sun Aug 22 11:36:47 EDT 2010

no mpls ip propagate-ttl forward had the desired effect of hiding the hops from the CE but still keeping them visible on a VRF traceroute on the PE.  Thanks for the link.

Peter, it is totally marketing driven.  There's still a perception among the uneducated user that hops are bad, so we figure we'd keep the support calls to a minimum by not all of a sudden adding 5 hops :)