[c-nsp] Hiding MPLS L3VPN hops from the CE

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Sun Aug 22 10:16:25 EDT 2010

There are simple commands within the mpls command set to accomplish the same
goals.  no mpls ip propogate=ttl will ignore the ttl in the IP packet
effectively diabling traceroute.  mpls ip propogate-ttl (didn't feel like
looking up the syntax) forward will insert it into the mpls packets but not
decrement it so traceroute will hide the provider hops and then continue
normally after leaving the cloud.  I wouldn't advise psuedowires or GRE
tunnels just to stop traceroute.