[c-nsp] asr1000

BALLA Attila atis at eik.bme.hu
Wed Aug 25 17:57:07 EDT 2010

Hello,

   we have an asr1000 acts as an LNS. Two weeks ago we upgraded it to XNF2,
but the packet forwarding was not working at half of the pppoe sessions.
We tested it with ping, the cpe received the icmp packet, and it sent the
icmp replay, but the asr1000 was unable to handle it, so the pppoe
connection (virtual-access interface) was up, but not working.
   Downgrading back to XNE1 didn't solve the issue, we had the same problem
(maybe a microcode downgrade was not successful). After clearing the
virtual-template and recreating the virtual-template the sessions were
working again. Till now.
   We reloaded the box again, the first pppoe connection setup is ok, but
if we cleared the session, then it didn't work any more: the connection
setup was fine, but packet forwarding is broken... There no special thing
in the cef table :-(
   Is any hint?

BR, -A.