[c-nsp] Router 2 factor authentication

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Thu Aug 26 00:13:28 EDT 2010

Hello Ben:

In our case it's for compliance reasons.  There are requirements within
scope for many models that  require two-factor authentication.  For OOB,
we use 2-factor to an OOB network that doesn't have any outside
connectivity beyond our border firewalls.  Granted, we are only in a few
locations and do all of our OOB using IP addressed devices.  If I had a
dial-in AUX device at some remote location I would ask for mitigating
circumstances for that device.

Regards,

Mike
--
Michael K. Smith - CISSP, GSEC, GISP
Chief Technical Officer - Adhost Internet LLC mksmith at adhost.com
w: +1 (206) 404-9500 f: +1 (206) 404-9050
PGP: B49A DDF5 8611 27F3  08B9 84BB E61E 38C0 (Key ID: 0x9A96777D)