[c-nsp] annoying SYS-6-EXIT_CONFIG messages

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Thu Aug 26 18:13:08 EDT 2010

On 2010-08-26 22:37, Jared Mauch wrote:

> It's more about the culture at Cisco of "we can introduce
 > undocumented changes at our own whim and not give you knobs
 > to disable them".

This feature was introduced as a feature request from a number of
accounts, it is documented in syslog messages reference guide.
With such widespread number of different customers, it's hard to
choose only features that are OK for 100% of them.

While I understand your frustration, new syslog messages are normally
not part of release notes information.

Now, there's syslog feature for filtering the messages, so for
example for buffered target, you may set something like this:

logging discriminator TEST facility drops SYS mnemonics drops EXIT_CONFIG
logging buffered discriminator TEST

Of course for remote logging host it may be:

logging host 3.3.3.3 discriminator TEST

HTH although it's a workaround not a 'knob' to turn it on/off,
--
"Everything will be okay in the end.  |                 Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end." |      http://lukasz.bromirski.net