[c-nsp] Cisco ASA commands and reference material

Jimmy Stewpot mailers at oranged.to
Thu Dec 2 22:04:04 EST 2010

Hello All,

I have been working on some ASA's for some time and was looking for some more detailed documentation. Having previously worked on the routers and switches I thought it would be an easy task... turns out I maybe wrong (or typing the wrong search query into the cisco/google web pages). I am trying to find more detailed information about how the flows traverse the ASA, what does the policy processing, how we diagnose performance problems etc. It seems that for any of the 'core' products (6500/7600/Nexus etc) it is easy to find such documentation... not so for the ASA.. Any further information would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy.