[c-nsp] Suitable router for 155M of IPSec throughput

Nasir Shaikh nasir at nasirshaikh.com
Thu Dec 2 18:20:46 EST 2010

BlankHi,
We have a requirement for a 155M point-to-point IPSec VPN. Our provider needs a couple of months before they can deliver this as a maanged service. I guess they will use a 7204vxr with a VAM2+ or something from the ISR G2 family. Are there any recommendations or experiences that can be shared?

In the meanwhile, I have a couple of 7206vxrs NPE400 from a previous project. Can I use them to get around 25 to 30M of IPSec throughput till the provider comes with the solution? I have a single SA-VAM2 card but that is not going to help me only on one end of the tunnel.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Nasir