[c-nsp] ME Series for a LAN/Server Farm

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Wed Dec 8 14:44:02 EST 2010

I know from previous conversations that the architecture as well as some of
the defaults for the ME series are different than the traditional switching
platforms.  I was curious if there were any reasons why I shouldn't use them
in a "vanilla" switching environment such as a LAN or a server farm.  I need
to do fiber aggregation and I haven't been able to find any cisco platform
that will allow me to create an all 1G fiber stack with dual power.  I was
curious if anyone had experience using these as just normal switching
platforms.