[c-nsp] v6 NAT-PT Support

Harold Ritter hritter at cisco.com
Mon Dec 13 10:56:11 EST 2010

Aftab,

If you want the V6 destination address to be mapped automatically to the V4 destination address, you need to use the "v4-mapped" keyword on the "ipv6 nat prefix" command.

Please refer to the IOS documentation for more information:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipv6/configuration/guide/ip6-nat_trnsln_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1056993

Regards

Le 2010-12-13 à 06:15, Aftab Siddiqui a écrit :

> Yes Jens, you are right, its more like a dead thing but NAT64 is not
> supported on all cisco platforms so to start with the old equipments its
> necessary to use the dead RFC. Please suggest if there is any alternative to
> what I've been trying to achieve.
>
> Regards,
>
> Aftab A. Siddiqui
>

> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Jens Link <lists at quux.de> wrote:
>
>> Mack McBride <mack.mcbride at viawest.com> writes:
>>
>>> You need DNS64 as well as NAT64.
>>> NAT-PT is just NAT64 without additional support for FTP and SIP and such.
>>
>> I always thought NAT-PT is dead for quite some time now.
>>
>> RFC4966 - Reasons to Move the Network Address Translator - Protocol
>>         Translator (NAT-PT) to Historic Status
>>
>> Jens
>> --

Harold Ritter