[c-nsp] XMODEM transfer over telnet/ssh, any chance?

Tomas Daniska Tomas.Daniska at soitron.com
Wed Dec 15 05:30:00 EST 2010

Sorry for third post

re your problem with special characters - there are several ranges of TCP ports for the rev telnet.

The standard 2xxx range is telnet interpreted. One of the higher ranges is 8-bit raw, you need 4xxx to get best results:

Range           Description
---------       ------------------------------------------------------
2000            normal TELNET (full options negotiations, remote echo)
                see RFC-854, also stuff on TELNET in RFC-1123
3000            normal TELNET to rotary
4000            raw TCP (stream) - no TELNET NVT.  See RFC-793.
5000            raw TCP (stream) to rotary
6000            TELNET binary mode - see RFC-856
7000            TELNET binary mode to rotary
8000            forward Xremote
9000            reverse Xremote
10000           reverse Xremote to rotary