[c-nsp] XMODEM transfer over telnet/ssh, any chance?

Tomas Daniska Tomas.Daniska at soitron.com
Wed Dec 15 07:27:19 EST 2010

> Meh, couldn't get that to work either. I still get NAKs on the XMODEM
> transfer from within minicom, which uses lszrz. I also tried starting a
> completely seperate process with "sx file.bin < /dev/ttyUSB0
> > /dev/ttyUSB0" but still no luck.
>
> I followed this guide to configure the AUX tunnel:
>
> "How to Tunnel Async Data"
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_configuration_ex
> ample09186a0080160c4d.shtml

you mentioned you didn't have a Windows box available, there seem to be a couple solutions for bsd/*nix available, as per

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COM_port_redirector

such as

http://freshmeat.net/projects/serproxy/
http://www.bsdua.org/netfwd.html
http://lpccomp.bc.ca/remserial/

Your failure with telneting to 4xxx might be result of your telnet client wanting to see telnet protocol over there. Usually the builtin commandline telnet clients switch to raw TCP mode when telneting to anything other than 23 (which is actually useful when testing http/smtp/... serves by hand), dunno about various terminal apps.

--

deejay