[c-nsp] Time for a new sup?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Dec 15 10:44:10 EST 2010

On 15/12/10 14:00, Randy McAnally wrote:
> This came and went on a sup720 3bxl on SXI5.  It didn't fail over to slave and
> didn't drop any traffic either...all lights are still green.  TCAM corruption?

The module might need re-seating.

Having said that, I've seen bugs on SXI causing spruious RPC timeouts
and EoBC errors under certain load patters. I think it's related to the
ISSU changes, but have no evidence. TAC are always baffled and tell me
to "upgrade".

TAC will probably RMA it if you want, but personally I'm always
reluctant; I keep wondering what'll happen if they send me a different
hardware revision e.g. without the onboard 512Mb flash, so I can't keep
the "boot" strings in-sync :o(