[c-nsp] XMODEM transfer over telnet/ssh, any chance?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Dec 15 11:48:46 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 13:19 +0100, Christian Deckelmann wrote:
> "The Xmodem recovery procedure is not supported in Supervisor 720."
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa1.shtml#s720recover
>
> Isn´t this no longer true?

Ah. That means we can't use this for our most widely deployed platform
anyway. I like this snippet from the document:

"The Supervisor Engine 720 for the MSFC3 requires no boot image"

Sure thing. From that logic, many Cisco devices require no boot image,
do they? :-)

I tried this with a C2800 too though, still no luck. :-(

--
Peter