[c-nsp] Multicast on L3 switch

Leonardo Gama Souza leonardo.souza at nec.com.br
Fri Dec 17 09:19:15 EST 2010

Hi list,

I am facing a problem to route Multicast traffic on a 3750G switch
(running 12.2(55)SE IP Services).

There is a source connected to VLAN A and a receiver connected to VLAN B
on the same 3750G switch.

I have enabled Multicast routing and PIM sparse-dense mode on the SVIs.

The receiver is sending IGMP membership report accordingly to the switch
and it is creating (*,G) entry with the flag Connected, but there is no
output traffic from the switch to the receiver at all.

I tried to configure MVR and also I couldn't route the Multicast stream
between the VLANs.

Once I put the receiver on the same source's VLAN, everything starts to
work.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.