[c-nsp] find window's machine from Cisco Router

Church, Charles Charles.Church at harris.com
Sat Feb 6 10:03:30 EST 2010

Sorry, meant to send this yesterday, had some email issues....

Why not enable netflow on the router, and see who's using what ports?  If
you can capture enough source and destination port info, you can compare
that to the 'fingerprint' type stuff that NMAP does and make some educated
guesses.  But NMAP from a remote machine will be far easier.  Just make sure
you own all the gear between the NMAP machine and the end hosts, since any
ISP filtering might throw off the results.

Chuck