[c-nsp] Inbound traffic

Aftab Siddiqui aftab.siddiqui at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 00:55:10 EST 2010

Dear Sherwin,

You only want to influcence the traffic coming in from AS1 and from no where
else. For that am afraid you have to contact AS1 in someway like almost all
Tier1 providers have preset community attributes tp change the traffic going
towards its peers. You have to send bgp community having AS1:xxx sort of
value. I guess am making it more complicated for :) Kindly take a look at
the following link, it will help you understand how Tier1 providers do that.

http://www.onesc.net/communities/as7922/

Regards,

Aftab A. Siddiqui