[c-nsp] ip source guard in the switch layer without DHCP

luismi asturluismi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 06:54:14 EST 2010

According with this link
http://www.packetlife.net/blog/2009/may/25/ip-source-guard-without-dhcp/

It is possible to deploy "ip source guard" without dhcp environment.
I think it could be interesting for some parts of our network here.
The problem is that the configuration is...

SW(config)#ip source binding 001d.60b3.0add vlan 10 10.0.0.10 interface
f0/10

SW(config)#ip source binding 0023.7d00.d0a8 vlan 10 10.0.0.20 interface
f0/20

What about if the server connected to that port is sending multicast
traffic?
Is it possible to apply several entries to the same mac address with
multiple addresses and also multicast addresses?