[c-nsp] Nexus 2000 vs Catalyst 4948 for access layer

Tony Varriale tvarriale at comcast.net
Fri Feb 12 00:42:52 EST 2010

You can call it what you'd like.

>As I’ve said before, my only concern is that I’ll loose A LOT of access
>ports
>on Nexus 5000 that could be used by servers with 10GE/FCoE.

Ok, maybe I missed something.  What are you trying to do?  High density 1
gig?  5k does that (with 2k).  Cheap and layer 2 high density 10g?  5k does
that.

>I’m expecting that 10G(with FCoE) will dominate the servers design, so my
>loss will be huge.

It will be a large part of the future, no doubt.  Your loss?

>f Nexux 2000 could be attached directly to an Nexus 7000 (it is not quite
>dfficult to make that works) the deisgn would perfect fit for our needs…

As I've stated before, there is no if.  Not sure how many more times I have
to say it...

tv