[c-nsp] Cisco ONS 15454 for dummies

Tim Jackson jackson.tim at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 22:33:47 EST 2010

The ONS is really just a SONET/SDH ADM... MSTP is the DWDM platform using
muxponders/transponders/amps/etc powered and controlled by the chassis.
What your after is the 454 MSPP, which is basically a modular ADM that can
do ethernet over SONET and tdm etc...

Depending on the scale of your VT1.5 needs the 454 may not be a good
choice... May be better off with some Turin/Farce10 gear for it..