[c-nsp] WS-X6748-SFP input errors

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 16:02:30 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Tim Durack <tdurack at gmail.com> wrote:
> Cisco 6509, SUP720, 12.2(33)SXI3, WS-X6748-SFP, port shows:
>
> sh int g1/9 | i error
>     3915 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored
>     0 output errors, 0 collisions, 0 interface resets
>
> The other side is clean. What do input errors alone indicate?
>
> (Have tested/replaced fiber/SFPs, without success.)

Looks like this is actually being caused by some ERSPAN traffic from a
(non-cisco) downstream switch.

My guess is the frames are maximum size, leaving no room for the FCS.
I don't have an easy way of proving this, aside from the fact that
problem is controlled by enabling/disabling the ERSPAN.

--
Tim:>