[c-nsp] SecureACS Appliance & AD Authentication

James Greig james at mor-pah.net
Fri Feb 26 13:41:20 EST 2010

Hi,

Just a note on this one.  Within our organisation we have a number of
systems, freeradius etc so we decided to consolidate and use Microsoft's
Network Policy Server with RADIUS to authenticate against Active Directory.
It's all built in to 2008.  You can set certain users, or groups to have
access to certain devices etc.  We're using this against our 7200 series
edge routers, core 3750 switches and numerous Cisco ASAs (anything that
supports radius).   You can also set access times which comes in handy for
rancid.  It's not everyone's cup of tea being Microsoft, but it works well
for us and we cannot fault it.

James Greig