[c-nsp] BGP ip addresses re-route to specific link

Dracul chris.garzon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 11:17:02 EST 2010

> you can use "BGP Conditional Route Injection" to generate the /28. (it
shud be a child subnet out of the parent /24). then filter the prefixes so
select which all upstreams shud receive this injected
> subnet.

thanks swap will explore your suggestion.

>Be aware that many (most) ISPs would filter subnets longer than /24, so
>your /28 would be most likely filtered (even if you direct upstream
>would send it through).
>Arie

Thanks arie, will keep it in mind.

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Ivan Pepelnjak <ip at ioshints.info> wrote:

> Are you trying to do destination-based routing (packet TO specific address
> should go over specific link) or source-based routing (packet FROM specific
> /28 should go over specific upstream link)?

Hi Ivan, I guess both. i just want to have a specific ip block traffic
contained to a specific link ( the ip addresses are broadcast under BGP)

regards,
Chris