[c-nsp] BGP ip addresses re-route to specific link

Ivan Pepelnjak ip at ioshints.info
Tue Jan 5 12:47:40 EST 2010

Inbound traffic: advertise /28 to upstream2. It will not get very far, though, so it's questionable whether it will leak over to upstream1 and influence the return traffic coming from upstream1.

Outbound traffic: policy routing seems to be the quickest (and the dirtiest ;) solution. Getting it to work if the exit points are too far apart is a nightmare. If you're OK with the /28 being very tightly bound to the specific uplink (i.e. no connectivity when the uplink is down), there are a few MPLS VPN tricks you could use.

Ivan