[c-nsp] Renumber of DSL.

Keith kwoody at citytel.net
Mon Jan 11 14:37:35 EST 2010

We have a 6260 Dslam which terminates its ATM interface on a 7204 ATM for
customers.

One the Dslam we configure a customer like this:

interface ATM1/2
 no ip address
 dsl subscriber xxxxx
 dsl profile standard
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 atm pvc 0 35  interface  ATM0/1 1 36
!

Then on the 7204 the customer is terminated as so:

interface ATM4/0.3 point-to-point
 description xxxxx
 ip address 64.114.226.13 255.255.255.252
 atm route-bridged ip
 pvc 1/36
  oam-pvc 10
  encapsulation aal5snap
 !

We have a /23 and one /24 that we use for this DSL and we would
like to renumber out of them.

One the Dslam I was thinking of changing

atm pvc 0 35  interface  ATM0/1 1 36
atm pvc 0 35  interface  ATM0/1 1 <new pvc>

Then on the 7204 creating a new ATM p2p sub-interface with the new pvc and
new IP's and get the customer to renumber then delete the old sub
interface.

But now I just realized just change the IP address on the ATM
sub-interface on the router and get the customer to renumber to the new
IP. No changing of PVC's needed.

There is another faste interface on the 7204 that would connect to a new
switch which goes out to a new upstream that the new block of IP's would
route and would allow customers to use the old IP blocks until we get them
to renumber.

This is all just off the top of my head but it seems either should work.
Anyone see a problem with this renumber?

Thanks,
Keith