[c-nsp] BGP to OSPF redistribution

null zeroroute nullzero.route at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 17:03:34 EST 2010

So far I like the idea of modifying the AD for ospf external routes under
the ospf config, or under the ospf config modify the AD for routes learned
only from the CE BGP->OSPF redistribution point router, with an ACL matching
specific (or all) routes.  That would probably give us quite a bit of
control.  I recall having mixed experiences with a similar config related to
BGP->EIGRP redistribution though,  I'll definitely need to lab it up because
it seems the metrics are calculated a bit differently based on what type of
OSPF route it becomes.  I need to brush up on my OSPF.

For example:

At the bgp->ospf redist border router...
router ospf 1
redistribute bgp <provider private ASN> blah
distance ospf external 19

Or...
access-list 100 permit <whatever prefixes we want to prefer>
router ospf 1
redistribute bgp <provider private ASN> blah
distance 19 <CE router ip> 0.0.0.0 100

Thanks to all for your suggestions!