[c-nsp] BGP to OSPF redistribution

Kenny Sallee kenny.sallee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 20:11:19 EST 2010

> Is there a way to redistribute BGP into OSPF so that the routes can be
> anything but OSPF external?

I thought (tho it's been a while and I don't have time to research) that you
could use a route-map to match external OSPF routes and set them to internal
BGP.  I think it would look something like this:

route-map bgp-to-ospf permit 10
 match route-type external type-1
 set metric-type internal

asr-egv(config-route-map)#match route-type ?
  external       external route (BGP, EIGRP and OSPF type 1/2)
  internal       internal route (including OSPF intra/inter area)
  level-1        IS-IS level-1 route
  level-2        IS-IS level-2 route
  local          locally generated route
  nssa-external  nssa-external route (OSPF type 1/2)

asr-egv(config-route-map)#match route-type external ?
  type-1  OSPF external type 1 route
  type-2  OSPF external type 2 route
  <cr>

asr-egv(config-route-map)#set metric-type internal

But I've not tested and memory is failing me on this right now but I swear I
did this in a lab once upon a time...

Kenny