[c-nsp] BGP to OSPF redistribution

Mark Lah marklah at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 18:08:53 EST 2010

Well on the BGP-side network, the router/switch that connects the OSPF
networks, you could create 2 separate OSPF processes.  1 process for the
remote network that will neighbor up across the L2VPN, and the other process
for the OSPF network that has BGP redistributing into it (the local network
from this devices perspective).  On this router/switch, then redistribute
the OSPF networks between the two processes (as noted earlier, be sure to
prevent loops with route-maps).

Now all the OSPF routes are seen as External (not necessarily ideal, but it
works), and you can then set the OSPF metric (cost) higher on the neighbor
adjacency(s) than taking routes learned from the BGP redistro.  You could
also do some summarization here too, which would prefer the more specific
route from BGP (may or may not be possible with your design).

-Mark