[c-nsp] Experiences with STM-16 to GE multiplexers/converters?

tim tim at haitabu.net
Thu Jan 14 06:25:22 EST 2010

Hi all,

Does somebody has experiences with STM-16 to GE multiplexers/converters?

We have several links from a fiber distributor which expects STM-16
framing (there are some active WDMs etc.).  At the moment we have an SDH
overlay and SDH components at each POP.  They divide the STM-16 to at
least one time STM-4 (and the router handles the STM-4).

We want to get rid of the SDH components, and use GE at the router side.
Therefore, we want to split the STM-16 (2.5GBit/s) in 2x or 4x GE lines
(yes, 4x is oversubscribed, but for backup links ok).

We have found, for example, this SDH multiplexer:
http://www.pandacomdirekt.com/de/produkte/netztopologie/sdh/speed-dualmux-sfp-25.html

Does somebody has experiences and/or other verdors?

Thanks in anticipation,
Tim