[c-nsp] Cisco UCS

Brad Hedlund brhedlun at cisco.com
Fri Jan 15 23:11:02 EST 2010

One other thing-

In my position at Cisco I have been involved in many Cisco UCS deals, and in all of these engagements I have yet to see where the Network team needs to convince the Server team to buy Cisco UCS.
In every deal I have been involved in it has been the Server team deciding to move forward with UCS purely on its merits as a Data Center virtualization platform.  Rather, its usually the Network team that comes in towards the end and gives their stamp of approval with respect to how the system interconnects to the Data Center core.

In other words, if your Cisco account team is putting the pressure on you (the Network team) to convince the Server team to buy UCS, I can tell you from experience they are going about it all wrong :)

Cheers,
Brad

--
Brad Hedlund, CCIE #5530
Consulting Systems Engineer, Data Center
bhedlund at cisco.com
http://www.internetworkexpert.org