[c-nsp] cisco frame-relay termination without a frame switch -update

P.A razor at meganet.net
Thu Jan 14 15:09:17 EST 2010

Just putting this out there in case it helps someone.

This example shows a 7200 with two connected routers. I also got fram-relay
termination working with a 6500 but that platform does not seems to support
the command needed to create frame-relay PVC's the frame-relay route
command.

Another thing I found for some reason on the 7200 I had to disable
frame-relay inverse arp with the frame-relay map command for it to work. On
the 6500 this was not an issue. I also noticed on the 7200 that on some
interfaces for whatever reason, int ser5/0:1  I needed to have the
frame-relay map statement for 1.1.1.1 to be able to ping it. This again was
not an issue on the 6500. Also remember you will need frame-relay switching
command in global config mode for the router to be turned into a
frame-switch. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks, Paul

7200: config - c7200-p-mz.122-17a.bin

interface Serial5/0:1

 ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.252

 encapsulation frame-relay IETF

 frame-relay map ip 1.1.1.1 500

 frame-relay map ip 1.1.1.2 500

 frame-relay lmi-type ansi

 frame-relay intf-type dce

 frame-relay route 40 interface Serial5/1:1 40

!

interface Serial5/0:1.30 point-to-point

 ip address 1.1.1.9 255.255.255.252

 frame-relay interface-dlci 30

!

interface Serial5/1:1

 ip address 1.1.1.5 255.255.255.252

 encapsulation frame-relay IETF

 frame-relay map ip 1.1.1.5 500

 frame-relay map ip 1.1.1.6 500

 frame-relay lmi-type ansi

 frame-relay intf-type dce

 frame-relay route 40 interface Serial5/0:1 40

site A:

interface Serial0

 ip address 1.1.1.2 255.255.255.252

 encapsulation frame-relay IETF