[c-nsp] how to connect vss-setup via mpls core

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jan 18 11:05:15 EST 2010

On 18/01/10 15:59, Arne Larsen / Region Nordjylland wrote:
> Hi Brad
>
> Exactly my thinking about the announcement of the network on both sites.
> But the problem is, I can’t configure eompls on a tagged interface.
> If  I put an interface into a vrf  instance the switch won’t accept the eompls statements of the ip addresses.
> Is this because that eompls is hard coded to use the global routing table and is there by not able to handle interfaces that are in vpn routing table.
> Here is my error.:
> aasnxc6-1(config-if)#xconnect 192.160.101.32 3300 encapsulation mpls
> Incompatible with ip address command on Vl3300 - command rejected.

No, you can't do this.

You will need something like the following:

dc-rt1 == mpls-pe1 --- (mpls clouds) --- mpls-pe2 == dc-rt2
  |                                                    |
vlan3300                                             vlan3300

You cannot xconnect an SVI on plain-old 6500s. You can I believe do this
on SPA/ES linecards, but it's expensive. You can only xconnect physical
interfaces or un-routed sub-interfaces.

You could use the "loopback cable into the router itself" trick, that is
pretty common.

dc-rt1:

int Gi1/1
   description connected back into Gi1/2