[c-nsp] 4900M vs. 4503 for core

Kevin Hatem Kevin.Hatem at pgs.com
Thu Jan 28 07:37:35 EST 2010

The 4900m are is very short supply as Jeff mentions.  I waited 3 months for the chassis (fall 2009) and just ordered the 20 port 1G module and is back ordered to March.

The 4900m is very good if you need to aggregate your 10G as top of rack, then maybe out to a metro E.  The 3560G is a great mid-core solution for small shops.  I also agree that using a stack in the core is bad.

-kevin
-----