[c-nsp] Busting up VLANs and bridging

Security Team cisco at peakpeak.com
Thu Jan 28 19:44:58 EST 2010

What is the "right" way to combine IP layer 3 traffic so that it can go to
multiple VLANs? I'm working with a Catalyst 65xx setup.

For example, I am starting from a working setup that looks something like
this:

interface GigabitEthernet4/1
 speed auto
 switchport
 switchport access vlan 247
!
interface GigabitEthernet4/2
 speed auto
 switchport
 switchport access vlan 248
!
interface Vlan247
 ip address 192.168.247.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface Vlan248
 ip address 192.168.248.1 255.255.255.0

Now, if I wanted to actually have a server 192.168.247.36 in Vlan247, but I
want to make that server become a bridge so that I can give it other IP
addresses in other blocks how would I do that?

So let's say the *.247.36 IP of the server is working, but I want to change
my setup so that the server also has 192.168.248.64/29 on it (i.e. I am
busting up the .248. Netblock from a /24 to smaller blocks that will be on
different servers).

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks,
CJ