[c-nsp] IPV6 again

Brian Fitzgerald FitzgeraldB at camosun.bc.ca
Fri Jan 29 12:41:27 EST 2010

Last I looked, DHCPv6 isn't implemented on Windows XP, Vista, or Server2003,
nor on Mac OSX up to 10.6.  Don't know about Win7, but the Server2008 DHCP
server DOES include IPv6, so it may be there.

I have used an open-source client called Dibbler for Windows boxes - works
well.  They have installable binaries for WindowsXP,Vista,2k3, Windows
NT,2k, and Linux, with the source available as well.

http://klub.com.pl/dhcpv6/

On the Mac, I don't know.  If you have the Developers Kit installed, you
might be able to build dhcp6c or Dibbler from source (I haven't tried it).

Hope that helps.

Brian Fitzgerald
Sr. Network & Security Admin.
ITS, Camosun College, Victoria, BC.