[c-nsp] Nexus 2000 vs Catalyst 4948 for access layer

chris at lavin-llc.com chris at lavin-llc.com
Fri Jan 29 14:16:59 EST 2010

> wrt NX-OS vs. IOS, they are two different systems.  NX-OS is very young in
> its development cycle; IOS is much more mature and has many more features.
>
> Nick

I'm curious why you suggest that the NX-OS is very young. My understanding
(I'm not a SAN guy) is that the NX-OS is just a move of bringing the MDS
OS into a routing/switching combination with IOS.

I had the recent experience of a Nexus CPOC down in RTP. Going into it I
was apprehensive about learning a new OS. But through the CPOC I learned
that it's not that much different from IOS. Seemed like they did a decent
job of importing/aliasing the IOS related commands. I didn't feel as lost
within the CLI as I had expected.

-chris