[c-nsp] 7600 Rate Limiting Output

Pavel Skovajsa pavel.skovajsa at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 13:07:51 EST 2010

Hi,

It looks like you are trying to configure this on the WS-X67xy cards,
which are basically the LAN/DC cards taken from 6500. These cards have
very limited QoS capabilities as they are targetted for LAN/DC
segment, not for service provider. Hence you cannot expect MUCH.

If you need sophisticated QoS you should buy ES20 or ES+
(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps368/data_sheet_c78-549419.html).

To give you some hope, many people have fallen into this "trap" (me
for example, there are much much more things the WS-X67xy cards cannot
do), and it is simply due to not reading the documentation before
buying. There is a nice explanation of the 6500/7600 hardware based
QoS on http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/43764

-pavel