[c-nsp] 7600 Rate Limiting Output

Kevin Warwashana kevinw at telnetww.com
Sat Jan 30 22:18:56 EST 2010

I was able to use the below configuration and it appears to max out the
connection pretty close to 26mb.  I did have to tinker with the queue size
since the default (3300+) would allow traffic to exceed and a size of 5
didn't seem to work very well.

policy-map 26MB-OUTPUT
  class class-default
    shape average 26000000
    queue-limit 100 packets
    bandwidth 26000

You mentioned "configure a shaper at class-default, with an attached
service-policy" which I believe would be adding a service policy to the
policy map, but got:

policy-map 26MB-RATE
  class class-default
    police cir 26000000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop
policy-map 26MB-OUTPUT
  class class-default
    shape average 26000000
    queue-limit 100 packets
    bandwidth 26000
    service-policy 26MB-RATE
Only 'shape' and 'bandwidth remaining ratio' actions are supported in parent
classes for this interface.
Only 'shape' and 'bandwidth remaining ratio' actions are supported in parent
classes for this interface.
Only 'shape' and 'bandwidth remaining ratio' actions are supported in parent
classes for this interface.

Please let me know if I misunderstand your statement.  Greatly appreciate
the follow up emails.

Thanks,
Kevin