[c-nsp] 7600 Rate Limiting Output

Rob Shakir rjs at eng.gxn.net
Sun Jan 31 06:26:43 EST 2010

On 31 Jan 2010, at 03:18, Kevin Warwashana wrote:

> I was able to use the below configuration and it appears to max out the
> connection pretty close to 26mb.  I did have to tinker with the queue size
> since the default (3300+) would allow traffic to exceed and a size of 5
> didn't seem to work very well.
>
> policy-map 26MB-OUTPUT
>  class class-default
>    shape average 26000000
>    queue-limit 100 packets
>    bandwidth 26000
>
> You mentioned "configure a shaper at class-default, with an attached
> service-policy" which I believe would be adding a service policy to the
> policy map, but got:

What I meant was this:

policy-map RJS-TEST
  class class-default
    shape average 30000000
   service-policy RJS-CHILD-TEST
!
policy-map RJS-CHILD-TEST
  class class-default
   police cir 26000000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop
!

Which is something that one can apply on SIP-400:

7600#sh run int giga1/0/0.4011
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 239 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/0.4011
 encapsulation dot1Q 4011
 ip address 192.168.88.42 255.255.255.0
 ip vrf forwarding RJS-TEST
 shutdown
 service-policy input POLICY-SET-IP-DSCP-DEFAULT
 service-policy output RJS-TEST
end

Out of interest - what IOS are you running on the 7600 in question?

Kind regards,
Rob

--
Rob Shakir                      <rjs at eng.gxn.net>
Network Development Engineer    GX Networks/Vialtus Solutions

This email is subject to: http://www.vialtus.com/disclaimer.html