[c-nsp] C3750E routing jumbo frames

Colin Whittaker colin at netech.ie
Wed Jul 7 18:51:04 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 05:09:41PM -0500, David DeSimone wrote:
> My only guess is that the jumbo MTU routing attribute somehow isn't
> applied to the VLAN when the router is initially configured, because
> there are currently no ports showing link in the VLAN, so the VLAN is
> invisibly "admin down" until a server is eventually plugged in.  It
> seems that I have to reissue the "mtu routing 9000" setting in order to
> get that VLAN to inherit the correct routing MTU setting.
>
> But I'm just guessing.  Anyone else seen this?

Have you tried rebooting the switch acting as a router.

In my experience about 20% of the boxes we enabled jumbo routing on
would not work quite right until after a reboot. This is something that
was solved by just reloading the switch after configuring the routing
mtu in addition to the reload after configuring the layer2 mtu.

Colin
--
Colin Whittaker					+353 (0)86 8211 965
http://colin.netech.ie			            colin at netech.ie